Thursday, March 26, 2015

City Brand Design -- Qingdao


  I want to design a city Logo for the map of Qingdao to share my experience. It will further promote Qingdao to attract more people to know about  the city. I browse the photos I took when I traveled around Qingdao, and I also surf on the Internet to see about the city flower of Qingdao, its special tourism projects, special local  products, city emblems of Qingdao which are designed by others over the years, etc.. Then I begin to simplify them. Combining with my own experiences and local interesting information, I select several  typical scenery spots in Qingdao.
    

  The simplified things become more intuitive and clearer. Then I combine them together in the character. I try to combine the simplified strokes with other strokes when designing the Logo. However, I find that it is too complicated. So I select one of them to have massive revision. Although the design of English letters are relatively simple, I make some efforts to highlight Qingdao as a coastal city. I add wavy line under the English letters to make them have both high recognition and local features. (12345 sketch of city brand design)


  The design of city logo has recognition, it integrates a city’s special features into a new icon. So one should have profound understanding of this city when designing the city logo. I try to simplify the stroke of the character, then I consider the distance between the two words when I add some special features. (intuitive and clear visual  explanation)

No comments:

Post a Comment