Thursday, March 19, 2015

Building Poster


The city I live in has a great gap between the rich and poor. And only ancient architectures are also occupied by modern buildings. Therefore, I make two posters of the city.




I want to design it in a abstract way, so I divide the poster into four parts. I collect some common devices in daily life to combine them together. Then I make up human organs, ears and side face which  can better show one is thinking. I choose the urban village as the place where the houses are dense and narrow and many workers live. At the beginning, I want to draw it in a realistic scenario which can show citizens’ life status with desperation and fickleness. However, in the end, I decide to express such phenomenon abstractly. In last part, I want to emphasize the conflict between modern architecture and traditional architecture, so I choose the traditional stone buildings and typical steel structure and glass in modern architecture.




No comments:

Post a Comment